Pork Chops sometimes need a different twist to liven up the taste buds and this one should do it for you. The kids will love it as well. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and a crisp green salad and you will think you are in a five star restaurant…..you are! Yours.
- 3/4 cup lemonade (or lime) concentrate
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground ginger
- 1 tsp. soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp. for each: paprika, thyme, oregano salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. each of: grated garlic clove, finely chopped fresh basil and a few red chili flakes
- 4 medium sized pork chops
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco oil
In a bowl combine the lemonade, sugar, vinegar, ginger soya sauce and seasonings and set aside.
Place each pork chop in the flour, and turn over and set the other side in the flour. Shake off any excess. In a heated fry pan, brown the pork chops on both sides. Drain off any oil and using the same pan, put the chops back in the pan and pour the sauce over them all.
Cook, over a low heat for about 40 minutes.