Sometimes you try something because it sounds good and this would be one of them. It is sooooo delicious!
- 2 frozen pie crusts (yes, it works really well)
- 3 trout fillets (approx. 8 ounces each)
- pinch each of salt and lemon pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube dissolved in 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 2 cups freshly mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season the trout with salt and pepper.
In a saute pan, bring the bouillon water to a simmer and add the trout to simmer for 7-8 minutes. Allow the trout to cool in the water until just tepid. Remove the trout and discard the liquid. Flake the trout in a bowl.
In another saute pan, heat the oil and when hot, add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the garlic and parsley. Add this to the trout and mix thoroughly.
Mash the potatoes and beat the egg into the cream before adding to the potatoes. Mix well and carefully add to the trout. Carefully mix together and now spoon the mixture into the pie shell. Place the second pie dough over the top and crimp the edges to seal completely. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a golden brown.
Honest…you won’t believe just how delicious this is until you make it. It is wonderful.