This is a great dish to eat. If you wish to be really special, make the Mediterranean Salad at the same time.
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped Rosemary leaves
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Japanese eggplant, sliced in thin rounds
- 1 medium Roma Tomato, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
Place the chicken on a cutting board and make 5 crosswise slits in each breast. Be careful not to cut straight through. Transfer these to a baking sheet that has parchment paper on the bottom.
Drizzle the Rosemary mixture over the chicken, making sure it gets into the slits. Stuff each slit with a slice of zucchini, eggplant and tomato, Sprinkle Feta on top and bake in the 400 temperature oven for about 25 minutes (make sure chicken is cooked through.
Serve warm on top of the salad, also have warm brioche buns and a glass of chilled white wine.
Now what could be better?