Everyone is soooo busy at this time of year and I thought this would make a great way to sit down, take a few minutes and enjoy the moment before off and rushing again.
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Crisco oil
- 1 tbsp. FINELY chopped jalapenos, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 tsp. liquid honey
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or mixed greens)
- 1 large can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup fresh corn (1 large ear of corn should do the trick)
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced in thin wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced (if you must)
- Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime over the top.
- Grated Havarti cheese for garnish
Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
Wash and dry the lettuce, adding it to the bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. If you can purchase the taco bowls, use them or wrap up into soft tortilla wraps. Sprinkle cheese over the whole salad.
Have a cold beer handy or a shot of tequila. (I told you this would relax you). If you take this step, make sure you are done your shopping for the day and will stay inside.) In other words, no drinking and driving unless it is a great cup of coffee.
- you can also put in a cup or two of ground beef, fully cooked and then fold in with the rest of the ingredients.