I love pasta of any kind and this is a really great tasting meal. This can be upgraded for company fare by adding salad or soup, or as is on a Friday night let’s-just-relax-night dinner.
- 12 ounces fettucine
- 3 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs. asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 inch diagonal cut pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/3-1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp. grated, lemon or lime zest
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh basil, divided
Cook pasta as per instructions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pot.
Cook the pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain. Keep 1 tbsp of the drippings in the pan and add the asparagus and peppers and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further two minutes, contstantly stirring so as not to burn the garlic.
Add the vegetables, about 1/4 of the cooking liquid, 1/2 cup of the cheese, cream, olive oil, juice, zest, and one half of the parsley and basil. You may need to add moe of the cooking liquid if it is needed. Add to the pot and stir gently to mix in. Transfer to a large bowl, sprinkle the pancetta over and also the remaining parsley and basil.
Add a slice of garlic toast, glass of wine and Oh My, Oh My….too yummy