Use homemade Limoncello (I made ours and it is better than I ever imagined….yummy, yummy. Give it a whirl, it is sooooooo easy.
Now with that in mind and the Limoncello already made up, here you go:
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Limoncello
- 2 tbsp. sugar, plus more for dipping flutes
- Lemon peel strips from a fresh lemon
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon wedge
- 1 cup chilled sparkling wine.
Place the mint, limoncello, sugar and lemon strips in the blender. Blend until the mint is finely chopped. The lemon will be coarsely chopped. Strain into a small bowl.
Run the lemon wedge around the rims of two champagne flutes. Dip into sugar to coat. Equally pour in the lemon mixture and top with the sparkling wine. Hang a couple of lemon strips off the rim.
Toast the night away. Warning: Be careful, as it CAN hit with avengence if you have too many. Just sayin’.