This is one busy weekend coming up and this is where planning ahead helps. A lot!
Friday we have a friend coming here for dinner and staying over. So, for him, we are having: (He is French- as well Don is too) See how we planned the food to suit.
- Mini pizza starters with a glass of wine
- Caesar salad
- Twice baked potato
- Corn on the Cob
- T-bone steak
- Lemon Cream with Almond Madeleines
Saturday we are having a most delightful new friend, who is sooooo French she is truly adorable and for her, we are having:
- Stuffed Butterfly Shrimp with a glass of wine
- Three cheese Risotto (I love this stuff)
- Green String beans
- Rack of Lamb
- Lemon Cream with Almond Madeleines (plan once, eat twice)
Sunday…this is St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations and we worked on making sure we were serving food that is normal in Irish Pubs in Ireland and this is what we found out:
Classic Poutine (yes, this is true) from scratch, not frozen
Garden Pea Soup (oooooh, this is delightful)
- Steak and Guiness Pie
- Irish Soda Bread
- Mac ‘N Cheese (6 different cheeses used, here)Sticky Toffee Puddings with Caramel sauce – one guest does not eat sweets, so instead we have a plate of fruit, cheese and crackers for her)
Green Beer to start and wine throughout
Everything for the next three days was planned, prepared in advance where we could and yes, my table is set already. I do this, just in case….just in case something happens in the kitchen that would take up more time than planned for.
House is cleaned, sparkles and, of course, greener than Ireland itself. Music is at the ready so let it all begin. Pictures will be happening by Monday.