Trying to get ready for the holiday season ahead? This is a nice light dessert to make. It serves 6, so you may have enough for a couple of meals (if only 2 of you). okay, make them larger servings…
- 1 3 0z. package of lime jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. light Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime cordial **
- 1/2 pint whipping cream (if I said ‘light’, would you believe me? No? oh!)
- 1 pint blackberries (any berry really)
Completely dissolve the jello with the boiling water. Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until light and very smooth.
Gradually beat in the jelly solution, orange juice, lime zest and lime cordial until the mixture is smooth.
Chill until slightly thickened. In your prettiest bowls, alternate the mixture with the berries. Chill in the refrigerator until completely set.
When serving company, garnish with a dollop of whipping cream (or, if dieting, light whipped topping) and add a few bits of lime zest.
** lime cordial can even be purchased in Walmart or your favourite grocery store.