I love this salad. It is so flavourful, you won’t put your fork down.
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained well
- 4 medium corn on cob, husks and silks removed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup arugula, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 3 tbsp. good olive oil
- 1 large lime, juiced
- pinch of salt
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and peeled. Cut in quarters
In a large saucepot, bring 1 1/2 cups water to the boil and stir in the rice. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until cooked.
Coat the corn with olive oil and grill on a rack for about 7-8 minutes until charred. Turn frequently. Remove from the heat and let cool. Cut corn from the cob.
Drain the rice, stir in the corn, pecans, basil, arugula and spinach, oil, lime juice and salt. Stir to heat completely through. Remove from the heat. Divide equally among 4 lucky people. Top each serving with avocado.
Serve with Toasted brioche buns, and a chilled beverage of your own choosing.