If you are like us, we are always looking for different ways to impress guests at dinner and this is definitely one of them. It looks fussy to make (but not) and the flavours of this dish are really and truly awesome.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced thin
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 – 10 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. bay scallops, poached 3 – 3 1/2 minutes, drain well
- 1 cup buttered panko crumbs
- 8-10 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, fine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute mushrooms in 2 tbsp. of melted butter. Drain and set aside.
In a medium skillet, melt 6 tbsp. butter and whisk in the flour, making a smooth roux. Add the broth and cream slowly, whisking all the while and cook until thickened.
Carefully combine the crabmeat, shrimp and scallops. In a 3 qt. casserole alternate layers of the seafood and mushrooms. Pour sauce over the layers, letting it seep to the bottom. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Top with the panko crumbs and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
Bake for 28-30 minutes or until bubbly. Just before serving, sprinkle the parsley over the top. Serve with a cold salad, lime slices and either rice or buttered noodles and a glass of chilled white wine.