While we can still enjoy sitting out on the deck and having a lovely late summer luncheon, try this one. Not much else is needed, unless you want to add some corn on the cob, grilled garlic bread, and don’t forget, a glass of chilled white wine, of course.
- 1 lb. of baby potatoes, scrubbed
- Pam spray
- 2 -3 lbs. chicken breasts, skin on, boneless
- 2 celery ribs, peeled and sliced thin
- 5 oz. red seedless grapes, halved
- 5-6 radishes, cleaned and sliced thin
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved and then quartered
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. grainy mustard
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped and stems removed
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Boil the potatoes in a pot of water for about 20 minutes until tender. Remove and drain.
Cut the potatoes in half and put in a large bowl. Add the grapes, celery, grapes,radishes, and eggs.
Spray the barbecue grills so the chicken won’t stick. In your preheated barbecue, lay out the chicken breasts, skin side down, turn over and make sure of getting grill marks on both sides. When cooked through, remove from the heat. Slice the chicken breasts and add to the bowl. Carefully and gently, toss to incorporate all the ingredients.
In a small bowl whisk together the orange juice, grainy mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle in the oil whisking until incorporated.
Drizzle over the salad.
All I can say is YUM!