This is a nice little bite to make ahead when having friends over
- 4 tsp. minced garlic, freshly done
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger (peeled first)
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. juice from preserved ginger
- 3/4 lb. medium shrimp in shell (peel, devein and cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 white baguette, unsliced
Put oven rack in upper third and preheat to 350 degrees.
Turn bread on cutting board and slice down the middle, lengthwise, trim crusts from sides. Bake in oven for 8 minutes – dry but not with any colour. Remove from oven and set aside.
Increase temperature of oven to 450 degrees. Mix the shrimp with all the ingredients and press down on bread in a thick layer. Bake until completely cooked through – 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and slice into 32 pieces with a very sharp knife.. Serve warm.