Great salad to have after the holiday festivities….light, a little spicy and yet tempered with a special lemon dressing.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernals (2 ears of corn or frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 cup chopped fresh poblano chilies
- 1 cup diced, seeded yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup yellow zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (optional, for sure)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook the rice until tender (12-15 minutes). Drain and rinse in cold water and drain again. Set aside.
Whisk the lemon juice and 3 tbsp. oil in a small bowl, season with a wee pinch of salt and pepper.
Heat the frypan and add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add the corn, chilies, yellow pepper and zucchini and saute until the vegetables are tender (5-7 minutes). Scrape into a large bowl and add the rice, avocado, onion and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Plate with barbecued chicken or pulled pork sandwiches. Wow!