A lady I once knew gave me this recipe. Don really likes it. Better than store bought and, obviously, much fresher.
- 6 large tomatoes, diced fine
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 green pepper, diced fine
- 2-3 fresh jalepeno peppers (seeded or not, depends on you), diced fine
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 14 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
In a large pot, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until it becomes thick. When cool, put in sealable glass jars or….why didn’t I think of this…cool in the fridge and then bring out the crackers, chips and EAT it.