This makes a great, yet really easy, addition to a dinner on…say Christmas Eve.
Adjust the amounts to suit your crowd, this one serves 8.
- 16 fingerling potatoes (Yukon Gold), washed and cut in half, lengthwise
- 16 pearl onions, blanched, peeled (about 1 minute)
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh sage
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 bacon slices, cooked crisp and crumbled
Tear off 8 x 12 inch long pieces of tin foil. In each piece of tin foil, place 2 fingerling potatoes (halved), 1 garlic clove, 1 pearl onion and a pinch of the fresh sage. Drizzle a tbsp. of olive oil over these packges, and roll up to seal.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Remove one and poke the potatoes to see if cooked through.
When ready to serve, open up each package and put on individual plates. Add a generous dollop of sour cream and a crumbled slice of bacon on top. This can complement any roast beef or even lamb dinner. Add a crisp salad, glass of wine and, once again, damn you did it!