Try this one…really tasty and not difficult to make.
- 1 3/4 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp. pure vanilla
- 2 tsps. cold water
- 3 oz. good quality semisweet chocolate and/or chopped pistachios (Coarsely grated chocolate and finely chopped pecans)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine the flour and pistachios and mix well.
Cream the butter, gradually adding the sugar and beating until light and fluffy. Add the salt, vanilla and water, blending well. Gradually add this to the flour mixture.
Shape into 3/4 inch balls. Place on parchment line cookie sheets. Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown.
Transfer these to a rack and cool thoroughly.
Partially melt the chocolate over hot water, removing from heat and continue stirring with a rubber spatula until fully melted.
Dip one half of the cookie in the chocolate and then roll in the grated chocolate or nuts.
Place on waxed paper and chill. Store in an airtight container. This will make 4 dozen cookies.