This is a savory breakfast and a nice change fromthe usual sweet fare.
- 4 large croissants, cut 3/4 through, lengthwise
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups cream
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh dill
- 1/2 cup finely chopped button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped salmon
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
Preheat oven to 225 degrees and warm the croissants for about 5 minutes. Melt the butter in a skillet. In a bowl beat the eggs and cream together. Add the dill, mushrooms and salmon.
Pour into the skillet and scramble until almost dry. Fill the croissants with the egg mixture and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Broil the croissants open-faced until the cheese is bubbly.
Serve immediately with a slice or two of fresh fruit and a fresh, hot cup of coffee and the world looks all anew.