I love chowders and this one has a lemony taste to it. Give it a try!
You will need:
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove
- 3-4 large gold potatoes
- 2 sticks of celery, ribs peeled,
- 1 small carrot, chopped small
- pinch of salt/pepper
- zest from one lemon
- 5-6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups whole kernal corn (off cob or drained canned corn)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- fresh dill, chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp and crumble. Set aside.
In a large pot combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes (until tender) and liquid has reduced and thickened a little. Add the lemon zest and cream, continuing to simmer for about 5 minutes. At this point do not bring to a full boil.
Serve in a pretty bowl and garnish with the bacon and a touch of fresh dill.