Don’t let the name fool you. It is a super, duper meal to prepare and consume. Don made this last night and OMG! It blew us away. Give it a go. It is easy to make and much easier to consume. Add a crisp green salad and you are a genius.
- 3 king size chicken breasts, skin removed, cut in 3, lengthwise each one
- 2 cups long grain rice (long grain is the only rice that works with this)
- two cans condensed mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Now mix together the rice, soup, water, broth and soup mix until there are no lumps.
Pour this into a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place the chicken pieces on top making sure to cover them so they don’t burn with the rice mixture. Cover with foil and cook for 65 minutes until rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on top. Simply let the casserole contents melt the cheese before serving.
OMG! Salad? Yes, please. Oh, would you like a glass of white wine? Of course, thank you.