Here is a great quiche. Serve this with warm muffins and freshly brewed coffee. What a wonderful way to start the day.
- 1 -9″ unbaked pie shell from frozen puff pastry
- 2 tsp. butter
- 12 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 cups whipping cream (of course it is good for you)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (no real onions, please)
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Saute bacon until crisp. Beat cream, eggs and spices until well mixed.
Sprinkle the pie shell with the drained bacon, red pepper and cheese.
Carefully pour the egg mixture on top. Bake in the oven for fifteen minutes, then reduce the temperature to 300 degrees and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle come out clean.
The flavour is really, really delicious and yes, men really do eat quiche.
Serve with fresh fruit and, of course, freshly brewed coffee.