Trust me, I do not tell a lie. It is totally addictive and you will always keep this recipe handy for you to make up year after year.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 ear of corn, kernals removed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Knorr chicken cube, dissolved in 1 cup water
- 1 tin Campbell’s cream of celery soup (secret ingredient)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bundle bouquet garni: 2 tsp. marjoram, 2 tsp. thyme, 2 peppercorns, 1 bay leaf, 2 tsp. parsley
- 4 cups chopped cooked turkey
- Pastry to cover
In a medium pot, melt the butter with the olive oil and saute the vegetables until soft. Add 1/4 flour and cook a further 5-8 minutes.
Add 1 cup milk and stir to combine. Add the dissolved Knorr chicken cube, bouquet garni and the tin of soup, blended with the second cup of milk. Stir for about 7-8 minutes.
Add 4 cups of turkey (bones and cartilage removed). Stir to combine and let cool.
Spoon into 2- 8 inch pie plates and top with pie pastry or puff pastry. Cook for 30 minutes in a 375 oven.
When completely cooled, wrap with plastic wrap and then tin foil and place in the freezer. HA! It won’t last that along.
*p.s. I prefer the puff pastry top but that is just me.