Ha Ha….this is a truly delicious way to serve cauliflower: even those who think they don’t like vegetables (they will).
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs. cauliflower, peeled, core removed and broken into large florets
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp. freshly chopped garlic
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup pitted olives
- 1/3 cup finely chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. finely grated lime peel
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange the cauliflower in a large roasting pan and sprinkle the bread crumbs over.
In a small saucepot heat the olive oil, butter and garlic over low heat. Cook and stir about 5 minutes. Do not burn the garlic. Drizzle this over the cauliflower and sprinkle the cheese over the mixture.
Bake this, uncovered, in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes until the cauliflower is fork tender. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the olives, peppers and lime zest just before serving. If you have any lime wedges, serve in a small bowl and pass around.
Didn’t I tell you ? Uhuh, it’s yummy.
This will serve 8.