I absolutely love the flavours of vegetables that have been roasted (bbq or oven) and this recipe is no exception.
- 1 large yellow zucchini
- 4 small Italian eggplants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil (good quality)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. crushed dried fennel seeds
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced in half, lengthwise
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half, lengthwise
Heat bbq to high heat (450) or your oven – same temperature. Cut the squash lengthwise into 3/4 inch thick slices. Liberally brush the sides of the eggplants and squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Arrange on a large oiled baking pan.
Now cut the red pepper lengthwise into 3/4 thick slices and toss with the remaining olive oil.
Basically, do the same with the remaining vegetables, making sure to rub with more oil and season. Sprinkle the fennel over the potatoe pieces and roast until the vegetables have become tender and golden brown in colour. This should take about 30-35 minutes. Turn the vegetables over once during the cooking time.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
In a word YUM!