These burgers have a very bold and savory flavour. I wouldn’t think sissies should try it….aw, why not? Give it a go, it just may change your mind.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise made with olive oil
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 2 x 5 oz. cans of canned albacore tuna, rinsed
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced very thin
- 4 ciabatta buns, halved and toasted
- 1/3 cup pea shoots or, if you are lucky, micro greens
- 4 miniature sweet peppers, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and ginger. Transfer 2 tbsp. to a large bowl. Cover the remaining mayo mixture and chill.
In the same large bowl, add the eggs, panko crumbs, fish sauce and Sriracha sauce. Flake the tuna and add to the bowl. Add the celery and let stand for about 10 minutes. Shape into four burger patties.
Place the burgers on a parchment lined baking sheet (or use the bbq) baking for 10 minutes or until they reach a temperature of 160 degrees.
Serve on toasted ciabatta buns, add a patty to the bottom of the buns, add the pea shoots, sliced peppers and top buns.
These should wake up the sleepy taste buds.