This is a very pretty platter to present at the table. Arrange each vegetable in their own row and you have a ‘rainbow’ of goodness.
- 1 lb. goldenn beets, peeled
- 8 cups of spinach, divided
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup oil and vinegar dressing
Heat oven to 400 degrees and wrap the beets in tin foil and seal tightly. Roast 1 hour until tender. Let cool and cut into wedges.
Place 7 cups of the spinach (stems removed) on a large platter. Now, arrange all the remaining veggies as noted above. Serve the oil and vinegar on the table so everyone can apply their own.
It is pretty to look at and delightful to eat, as well as fun for the kids.