Okay, I understand that everyone calls them the ‘dreaded brussel sprouts’, but you have to keep trying different ways to prepare them. One will turn you around and change your thinking. This just might be the one.
- 2 lbs. brussel sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1/4 stick butter (2 tbsp.)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 1/4 thick slices of smoked ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cups pecans, toasted, chopped
Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the sprouts into shreds.
Melt the butter with the oil, add the ham, saute for about 3 minutes until it all turns a golden colour.
Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the sprouts and broth and saute until tender crisp but still a bright green colour.
Season lightly with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with the toasted pecans.
What did I tell you? You will like this.