This is a wonderful way to spoil guests. Try it and you will see.
- 8 large scallops, cut in half
- 16 large shrimp, deveined and peeled all but the last shell on the tail
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 8 skewers, soaked in water at least one hour
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
In a mixing bowl combine the scallops, shrimp, and lime juice, fish sauce and ginger and marinate for about 10-12 minutes. Thread 2 shrimp and 2 pieces of scallop on each skewer. Brush the seafood with oil and place on preheated grill and grill only until the shrimp are opaque (2 minutes each side)
When cooked, transfer skewers onto plates and sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with the ‘Champagne’ butter. Serve immediately.
- 2 cups dry sparkling wine
- 1/3 cup grated shallots
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- pinch of salt and pepper
In a medium sized pan, combine all the ingredients except the butter and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until it has become syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup in volume (about 18-20 minutes). Reduce heat to low, and add the butter 2 pieces at a time. Be sure to let the butter melt completely before adding more. This should become quite creamy. Keep warm.