I am preparing you ahead of the upcoming fruit season with this delicious dessert. Heck, you could even serve it with breakfast…just add a small tsp. of granola. Well?
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. good quality ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 4 firm pears (such as Bosc), halved and cored
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a small bowl. Place the pear halves, cut side up in a prepared 9 x 13″ baking dish, sprayed with
Pam. Drizzle the pear halves with melted butter and sprinkle the spice mixture on each half.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes (until pears are tender, not mushy), baste the pears throughout the baking time. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
In a pan bring the cream just to the boil and turn off the heat. Add the white chocolate and stir well with a rubber spatula until melted and smooth.
Place a pear half on each plate. Stir the mixture in the baking dish and spoon over the pears. Sprinkle the nuts and cranberries on each top and drizzle with chocolate.
Oh yeah! This is an easy, elegant “damn I can do this” moment. Add a shortbread cookie and Voila….