This isn’t something that should be consumed every day, but in all fairness, you will think you probably should. It is yummy! Maybe you have to be in our age bracket to even remember what malted milk shakes taste like. If that is the case, go for it.
- 3/4 whole milk (really cold) and not skim
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 1/2 cups Chapman’s or Tillamook vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp. malted milk powder (dry milk powder section of grocery stores)
- 1/4 cup malted milk balls like Maltesers, crushed
Place two 12 oz. glasses in the freezer and chill for 1-2 hours (or overnight).
Pour milk in the blender, add the vanilla seeds. Cover and blend for about 20 seconds. Add the ice cream and malted milk powder and blend until thick and creamy. Scrape the sides often to ensure a proper mix and that is is smooth.
Pour into glasses, add a straw and sprinkle the crushed balls over the top.
You can change the vanilla ice cream for chocolate. YUM! When I was a teenager and working after school, the store I worked at had “malted milk shakes”. Oh yeah
1 thought on “Malted Milk Shakes-Yum!”
Pretty! This has been a really wonderful
article. Thanks for supplying these details.