That is not a spelling error. This recipe is truly deelightful.
- 1 package Black Cherry gelatin
- 1 cup Bing Cherries, pitted
- 1 quart Chapman’s or Tillamook vanilla ice cream (slightly softened)
- 1 1/4 cups wafer crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. cherry juice
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 12 whole cherries, pitted
Prepare gelatin as directed. Stir in 1 cup cherries. Pour into 9 inch cake pan and chill until firm.
Mold, carefully, the ice cream in a 9 inch cake pan and chill, again , until firm. You now have 2 pans, okay?
Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Divide into 3 equal parts.
Just prior to serving, assemble this as follows:
1. Spread 1/3 cup crumb mixture on serving platter
2.Invert gelatin, place on crumb mixture. Spread second portion of crumbs on gelatin.
3. unmold ice cream and place on top of gelatin. Spread remaining crumbs on top.
4. Combine sugar and cherry juice. Pour over layer of crumbs
5. Frost sides with whipped cream, score top of cake to show portions. Decorate each piece with a whipped cream rosette and bing cherry.
Yield: 12 portions.