Although this is a perfect Christmas dessert, it can and should be used all year long. If you live where they grow cherries (as I do) freeze bags of them in 1 cup bags when they are in season and they can be used for this recipe, cakes, muffins, fudge. The list goes on.
- 1 lb. of sweet cherries (gotta love Bing)
- 1 1/2 tsp. unflavoured gelatin
- 1 pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
- 4-ounces white baking chocolate discs, melted
- 2 tsp. Kirsch or Cherry Schnapps ( or pure vanilla if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
In a food processor, chop the cherries and transfer to a saucepan. Add the gelatin and let sit for 1 minute. Be sure to stir. Now bring this to a boil and, stirring constantly, cook until the gelatin is dissolved. Put in a bowl in the refrigerator and let stand for 45 minutes. This should be thick by now.
In a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, melted chocolate and liqueur until super smooth and obviously, well combined. In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks have formed and gently fold in the cherry mixture. In your prettiest dessert dishes, pour equal portions. Be sure to cover the dishes and place in the fridge for 4 hours.
When ready to serve, add a dollop of whipping cream on top and sit a cherry in the center.
You show-off, you!