- 2 small papaya (seeded, peeled and chopped)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro
- 1 tsp. seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. flour
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- 8 good sized scallops
In a medium bowl combine papaya, peppers, onion, juice and cilantro. Set aside.
In a sealable bag, put the flour, salt, pepper and scallops. Shake to coat surface.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the scallops and cook only for a couple of minutes until golden in colour. Do not over cook or they will be like rubber.
To plate, add a generous spoonful of sauce on the plate and place the scallops on top. You now have a new appetizer. There will be many oohs and ahhs over this dish. Now you can just smile and demurely say “you are too kind”.