This cheese is to die for and when you put it in this soup…OMG!
- 1/2 cup Pancetta, cooked and crumbled (fattier, the better)
- 4 medium potatoes (Yukon gold is best), chopped
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cream style corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 wedge Champ Fleury cheese (this is THE best ever)
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
Preparation: Saute pancetta until crisp and then crumble. In a saucepan, add chopped potatoes and onions, and the crumbled pancetta. making sure not to burn the pancetta. Add everything except the cream. Cook until the potatoes are done, slowly add the cream, stirring constantly. Cut the soft rind off the cheese and add this along with the wine, to the soup, stirring until completely melted. Do not boil.
My mouth drools just putting this on. I kid you not. Being a lover of “thick” soups, this is one of the best you can make. When you have completed the task, sit down with a glass of wine and exclaim loudly “damn I did this”…..ME!