This is something to eat you either love or hate. This is quite tasty I am told. Our house has one of each of the above and I bet you can’t guess which one I am.
This is also done for a friend of ours who, along with my husband, went from table to table on a vacation we were on, stealing the olives from everyone.
- 3 tbsp. really good quality olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 orange, zested, in long strips with a swivel peeler
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. mixed olives (Kalamata, Nicoise, etc) drained
- 1 tsp. Fennel seeds
Put the oil, garlic, coriander seeds, herbs, orange zest and pepper flakes in a skillet on medium heat, swirling the pan until all has become very fragrant.
Add the olives and cook, until the garlic is golden and the zest has started to curl. About 2-3 minutes longer.
Serve these warm as part of the Charcuterie board.