Here is a tasty treat to make The spinach really adds a pop of color. This is a really old recipe and used anchovies. trust me, use the artichokes instead.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry
- 1/2 cup water packed artichokes (about 2), drained, chopped and patted dry
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups lightly packed baby spinach, thinly sliced
In a fry pan melt the butter over a medium heat and cook the onion stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, until golden and tender. If the onion begins to stick, add a tbsp. of water, a little at a time. Stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper.
Place parchment paper on a rimless baking sheet. Unroll 1 sheet of the pastry and top with 1/2 of the onion mixture, artichokes, dried tomatoes and spinach. On a separate baking sheet, repeat this process. with the second pastry sheet.
Bake one sheet at a time, in a 425 degree oven until the edges are golden. About 18-20 minutes. Cut each sheet into 16 squares.
Add a glass of chilled white wine and you have a party in the making. Enjoy!