RECIPE # 1727
Another great salad to enjoy. Easy peasy to make for four people.
- 1/2 cup rice, rinsed and drained
- 4 fresh ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach, torn into bite size pieces
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and quartered
- slices of roast chicken, if using
In a large pot of boiling water, add the rice. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 35-40 minutes, or if you have one, use a rice cooker and set the timer.
While the rice is cooking, spray the corn with cooking spray and place on the barbecue grill for about 8 minutes, turning often. Remove from the grill and let cool to the touch. Cut the corn from the cobs.
Drain the rice. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients, toss to mix while still warm. Spoon in four equal portions and top with an avocado piece. If you wish to bring it up a level, add slices of roasted chicken on the side. (perhaps left-overs from Sunday dinner).
Serve with warmed Brioche buns. Ooohhhhh!
In a word…YUM!