This was one of the dishes that was made at the New Orleans School of Cooking and believe me when I say when the offer for seconds was announced, there was a mad rush of almost all 50 people to the front for more. It was fabulous.
Here it is for you to try and you’re welcome!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 lb. butter (1 stick)
- 1 qt. heavy cream
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- Joe’s Stuff seasoning to taste
- 1/2 lb. crab meat (both canned and claw)
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 24 oz. whole corn with liquid (do not use creamed)
- crab boil to taste (flavouring)
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley for garnish
In a large pot, place stock, spices, 1/2 of the corn and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
Make a blonde roux with equal parts butter and flour. Add roux to your simmering pot. Add the cream and then stir in the remaining corn, crabmeat and simmer for another 5 minutes. DO NOT LET THIS BOIL.
Add in half of the onions.
**Use the balance of the onions and parsley for garnish, if you wish.
You can substitute crab for lobster or shrimp if you wish.