We all know the nicer weather is coming and this will help you get ready for it. We all need new and different salads on hand and this one will help you out.
- 1 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- pinch of ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 lb. green beans, stem ends removed
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 small bunch baby spinach, stems removed and cut the leaves in half.
In a small bowl, mix together the fruit juices, soy sauce, coriander, ginger and honey until combined. Whisk in the vegetable oil and season with the salt and pepper.
Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the beans and cook until tender (about 2-3 minutes). Drain and place in ice water to stop the cooking process.
Cut the tomatoes into thick chunks. Drain the beans really well and pat dry with a paper towel. Place all in a bowl and toss with the dressing.
Arrange on 4 salad plates or simply leave in the bowl and let everyone help themselves, if it is to be a side portion.