We have a few friends who are olive crazy (you know who you are) and this should really tickle their fancy. Okay, that would also include my husband. Try it and you will see for yourself.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 oz. chorizo sausage, sliced thin
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup brined black olives
- 1 cup large pitted green olives
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 navel orange, peeled and segmented, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. julienned sage leaves
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
In a large frypan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the sausage, cooking for about a minute, stirring to ensure even cooking.
Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the orange and sage leaves, stirring and cooking for about 4 minutes.
Stir in the orange slices and sage leaves, cooking only until the orange starts to break down and is heated through. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for about 8-10 minutes.
Serve warm with a sprinkling of the lemon zest, cocktail picks and napkins.