This is a perfect summer snack to serve company (even family). It is yummy, easy to make and tastes wonderful.
If you don’t have untreated cedar planks at home, be sure to pick up some at the store. This is what gives the smoky flavour.
- 30 white mushrooms, dusted, stems removed
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese
- 2 water packed artichoke hearts, drained, finely chopped and then pat dry
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/4 cup pistachios, skinned and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cedar plank, soaked 1 hr. in water
While the plank is soaking in water, With a small spoon, scrape out the gills from the mushrooms.
Stir together the Asiago cheese, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, egg, garlic and green pepper. Stuff the caps equally, making sure to slightly flatten the tops.
Arrange the mushrooms (filling side up) on the plank, top with the pistachios. If grilling, use a medium high heat and then close the lid, grilling until they are tender and bubbling. About 15-18 minutes. If using an oven, turn up to 425 degrees and cook for about 18 minutes. Watch so they don’t burn.
Remove from the plank, arrange on a plate, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
You will be given many ooohs and ahhhs.