All you need here is a lovely fresh cantaloupe, ham and toothpicks. Let’s go…
- Oil for the grill pan
- 1/4 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut in wide 1 inch wedges
- 4 thick slices parmesan focaccia bread, crusts removed, toasted and cut into quarters
- 8 slices of a honey or black forest ham, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 oz. camembert cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- olive oil, freshly ground pepper for garnish
Lightly oil grill before preheating over high heat. Grill the melon until grill marks show (2-3 minutes). Remove to a cutting board and cut into 1 inch chunks. That was the hard part.
To put this together, place the bread on a platter, top with pieces of ham, then the cantaloupe, and finally the cheese. Hold together with a fancy toothpick and drizzle a drop or two of oil on each one and sprinkle with black pepper.
Now, that wasn’t hard, was it? Enjoy, these are beautiful.