Aaah! Spring is around the corner and, after preparing the yard, deck and house with spring cleaning, the mind wanders to meals on the deck and this is a WONDERFUL way to do it. This will serve 6-8 people.
- 12 cups mixed spring greens, washed and spun dry
- 2 cups baby romaine lettuce,
- 1 head radicchio, shaved
- 1 cup fresh pea shoots
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup each fresh raspberries and blackberries
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- crumbled goat cheese
Combine the greens, radicchio and pea shoots on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with the pecans, grapes and berries evenly..
Whisk together the raspberry vinegar, olive oil, sugar and drizzle over the platter. Top with the crumbled cheese.
Now serve with warm rolls. friends, sun shining and, oh yes, a glass of wine – chilled perfectly. Spring? Bring it on!