Yesterday I gave you the recipe for chicken cutlets so you could freeze them and then bring out when you needed a quick, easy and yet, delicious, dinner. Here is one way.
- 6 chicken cutlets (go ahead…take them out of the freezer)
- 12 fresh basil leaves, stems removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (homemade? hmm?)
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- Finely grated Asiago cheese
Preheat the broiler with the rack being set 4 inches from the heat.
Top each cutlet with some of the basil, sauce and mozzarella. Be sure to make it equal or there may be some disputes between the hungary diners.
Broil until the cheese has melted (2-3 minutes). Top with the Asiago cheese and a sprinkle of the basil.
Serve with a side salad, garlic toast and, of course, a glass of chilled wine.
Now aren’t you glad you made the cutlets yesterday? Enjoy!