What a wonderful way to use the harvest bounty to its absolute best. You can use golden beets along with red beets to make it more colourful if you wish, but the main part of this salad is the golden beet. These are soooooo yummy.
- 1 bunch of golden beets. trimmed and scrubbed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- coarse salt
- 1 bunch baby spinach, washed and stems removed
- 2 large radishes, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 blood orange or large orange, pith removed and segmented
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the beets on a parchment lined baking sheet after rubbing them with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Fold the parchment paper around them and wrap this in tin foil, making sure to seal it up. Cook for abut 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven, open up the packets and let cool. Remove the skins and then cut into wedges.
Combine the spinach, radishes, avocado, orange segments and beets in a large bowl. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Whisk together the remaining oil and wine vinegar until combined. Drizzle over the salad and gently toss. Top with the goat cheese.