Summer isn’t alway about the barbecue and beef, although that is not bad thing. Today, however, pork rules.
- 4 pork chops, (loin cut-no bone) 3/4 inch thick
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 slices, fresh pineapple, 1/2 inch thick (cored)
- 2 ears of corn, cooked and corn removed from husks
- 5 oz. assorted baby greens (micro greens are best)
- 1/4 small red onion, julienned
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (use a non-stick spray for the grill please)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture and refrigerate.
Place the remaining mixture in a sealable plastic bag and let the pork chops marinate. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
Preheat the bbq on medium heat. spray the grill grates. Remove the chops from the bag and do NOT pat dry. Discard the mixture. Grill the chops and pineapple over direct heat, turning once until the pineapple has cooked through and the temperature on the chops has reached 180 degrees. Remove, tent and let sit for about 3-4 minutes.
Place the greens on 4 plates, add the pineapple, black beans, corn and onion. Top with the chops (sliced on the diagonal).
Add the honey and olive oil to the marinage, whisking to incorporate well. Drizzle over the salad.