If you have 10 minutes to spare, you can make this for lunch and take to school or work or…..just for you at home. This will serve 4.
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 tbp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 baguette, sliced in half lengthwise, scoop most of the inides out
- 1/4 cup mayo, not salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded cooked roast chicken (LEFTOVERS, PERHAPS?)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, sliced very thin
In a medium bowl toss together the cabbage, carrots, lime juice and soy sauce.
Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise on both sides of the bun. Layer now with the chicken, the cabbage mixture and top with the cilantro leaves. Sprinkle the jalapeno (if you are brave) and place the top half of the baguette on top. Slice into 4 pieces. Wrap, and run!
What could be better for lunch? It’s fresh, healthy and very flavourful. Yeah, I know….yummy!