Another dish to add to the holiday Buffet is this simple salad. The vinaigrette is from Chef Jeremy Schorb from The Boathouse in White Rock, B.C. The salad ingredients are mine.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
In a bowl, whisk the mustard, honey and balsamic vinegar together until well mixed. Now SLOWLY pour the oil in, whisking vigorously until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3 tbsp. fresh pea sprouts
- 12 cups mixed torn spring greens,
- 1 cup shelled, fresh garden peas, blanched and chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh washed blueberries
- Gently toss these ingredients together in your prettiest large bowl and just before serving, drizzle the dessing over and, again, gently toss.
Place on the table with the rest of the goodies.