I love cold soups in the summer and I have been known to serve company cold soups even in the winter months so…..This is lovely, fresh and truly company fare.
- 2 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. grated onion
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled and diced (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery (peeled)
- 1/4 cup yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced firm Roma tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Crisco oil
- pinch of pepper
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Worchestshire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
Mix together all the vegetables and spices. Stir in lime juice, vinegar, Worchestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and tomato juice.
Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours. Serve with croutons and you could even add a dollop of homemade creme fraiche.
Yuuummmyyy! (not a mistake). This is yummy.