I’ve heard it takes a village to raise a child, so here we go….a village salad..
- 4 firm large roma tomatoes, thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 english cucumber peeled and scraped with a fork for stripe effect and sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, stems and seeds removed, cut into rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stems and seeds removed, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced into rings
- 6 oz. blue cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped oregano
- pinch each of salt and pepper
Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers into a large bowl. Mix in the olives and cheese.
In a small bowl whisk togeter the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper and drizzle over the salad. Gently toss to coat.
Optional: warm crusty rolls with butter and, without a doubt, a glass of chilled wine.