I was given this recipe about 17-18 years ago by a co-worker. We loved it so much I had to have the recipe. Try it..it is a lovely dish.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp. saffron flowers (if using a powder, use much less) Can be purchased in any East Indian Store
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh fried mushrooms
- 2 cup left over chicken (perhaps from the night before)
- 3 cheese pouring dressing (Kraft)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Cook the rice in the normal manner – about 20 minutes. After the rice has cooked, add the sun dried tomatoes, chicken and mushrooms.
Mix together the dressing, balsamic vinegar to make a salad-like consistency with the rice dish.
This is a great dish for a summer or a buffet addition.